THE LOFT is the 3rd floor of the Spirit Center, and it's where we meet on Sundays from 6:00-7:30 pm!! Don't miss it!!
For those who have signed-up and paid to go. We will leave at 7:30 am on Saturday, October 5th and return at 8:30 pm.
Project M-Town Is Coming - Save The Dates
Project M-Town is coming on November 8-10!!!! Project M-Town is our local mission project…right here in the Mauldin area. Make sure and keep that week-end open.
Special UMY Coming On October 20th
There is a special UMY on Sunday, October 20 at 6:00 pm in the LOFT for all youth (grade 7-12) and their parents. Sheri Saunders will lead a class to learn about paying for college, how to prepare for filling out the FAFSA form (financial aid) and where to look for scholarships. Did you know:
- That the FAFSA form is the student's responsibility, not the parents. NO ONE gets financial aid or scholarships with completing the FAFSA form and this form is a "family" affair
- that as the parent of a senior, you have 2 months to get your finances in order. There are some things you can still do now
- There are many unused scholarships, based on height, religion and even some geared for children as young as 12. Find out where to find these scholarships.
- There are things students can begin doing in the 7th grade to start preparing for college applications
- Which comes first, picking the college, the major or finding scholarships
- That no college discussion is complete without duct tape...come and find out why