MUMC Music availabilities:
Contact our Director of Music, Bruce McIntyre, at firstname.lastname@example.org
to get involved in any of the following areas!
- Rehearses at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays in the choir room.
- Sings at the 8:45 and 11:00 Traditional Worship Services each week.
- Participates in special services throughout the church year, e.g., Christmas cantata, Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, Easter, revivals, etc.
- A minimal level of music reading skill would be advantageous but is not required. We are always looking for new voices to add to the choir and welcome those who might only be able to sing during a certain season or a specific service!
- Rehearses at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays in the choir room.
- Sings a variety of special music approximately once a month in traditional worship services.
Hand Bell Choir
Contact Jeanie Bryan for details at: email@example.com
- Rehearses from September-May at 6:00 p.m. on Sundays in the Handbell Room adjacent to the sanctuary.
- Performs several times per year in traditional worship services.
- New members are always welcome! A minimal level of music reading skill is required.
LIVE Worship Band
- Plays for the LIVE service (contemporary) at 10:55 am on Sundays mainly, as well as special services happening at various times in the year.
- Rehearses and has devotional time every Sunday morning from 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- The LIVE band currently consists mainly of musicians playing electric and acoustic guitars, drums, bass, and keyboards along with vocalists and even orchestral musicians from time to time! Most of the weekly positions are currently filled, but backup musicians are always welcome and often used! An interview and audition are required to be a part of the LIVE worship team. Services are planned a few weeks in advance, and we learn our weekly songs by receiving notification emails or texts to prompt us into logging onto www.planningcenteronline.com and downloading mp3's and chord charts for the services you are scheduled for. You are expected to be prepared before you arrive to rehearsal.
- We are always looking for AV/Tech team members! Please let us know if you have any interest/ability in this area.
- If you have a genuine desire and passion to lead people in worship into God's transforming presence, contact LIVE Worship Leader Travis Abercrombie.
- With the completion of the Spirit Center in 2009, the third floor youth wing is a fantastic setup for worship music, games and hangin' out! Our student-led Youth Band leads the worship segment every week at the Sunday night gathering of students! Seniors go off to college, etc. every year, so there is always a need for people to step up! Parents, if your kids have musical ability and a desire to lead people in worship, then we need them! Interested candidates will need to audition, have their own gear and be a dependable team player. Also, because we are deeply convicted that leading worship requires a spirit of genuiness and authenticity, to lead the worship team, our Youth Band will be held to a higher standard of accountability of discipleship and behavior.
- For more information, contact Student Pastor Dick Herd at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Divided into two age-grouped choirs, which meet on Wednesdays at 6:15 p.m. in conjunction with Kids POP.
- The Children's Music Program provides the opportunity for children age 4 through grade 5 to sing in all worship services as well as in special seasonal programs.