MUMC Music availabilities:
Contact our Director of Music, Bruce McIntyre, at email@example.com
to get involved in any of the following areas!
- Rehearses at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays in the choir room.
- Sings at the 8:45 and 11:00 Traditional Worship Services each week.
- Participates in special services throughout the church year, e.g., Christmas cantata, Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, Easter, revivals.
- A minimal level of music reading skill would be advantageous but is not required. We are always looking for new voices to add to the choir and welcome those who might only be able to sing during a certain season or a specific service!
- Rehearses at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays in the choir room.
- Sings a variety of special music approximately once a month in traditional worship services.
Hand Bell Choir
Contact Jeanie Bryan for details at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rehearses from September-May at 6:00 p.m. on Sundays in the Handbell Room adjacent to the sanctuary.
- Performs several times per year in traditional worship services.
- New members are always welcome! A minimal level of music reading skill is required.
- Plays for the LIVE service (contemporary) at 11 am on Sundays
- Rehearses and has devotional time every Sunday morning from 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- The LIVE band currently consists of individual musicians playing electric and acoustic guitars, drums, bass, violin (sometimes), and keyboards along with vocalists. All of the said positions are currently filled, but backup musicians are always welcome and often used! Services are planned a few weeks in advance, and we learn our weekly songs by receiving notification emails or texts to prompt us into logging onto www.planningcenteronline.com and downloading mp3's and chord charts for the services you are scheduled for.
- If you have a genuine desire and passion to lead people in worship into God's transforming presence, contact LIVE Worship Leader Travis Abercrombie.
- With the completion of the Spirit Center in September 2007, the third floor youth wing is a fantastic setup for worship music, games and hangin' out! Currently, we have a fantastic Youth Band that leads the worship segment every week at the Sunday night gathering of students. Right now we have drums, bass, electric guitar, acoustic, keyboards and vocals. But seniors go off to college, etc. every year, so there is always a need for people to step up! So, if you are passionate musical students, we need you! Parents, if your kids have ability and desire to lead people in worship in any of these areas, then we need them. Interested candidates will need to audition, have their own gear and be a dependable team player.
- For more information, contact Student Pastor Dick Herd at email@example.com
- Divided into two age-grouped choirs, which meet on Wednesdays at 6:15 p.m. in conjunction with Kids POP.
- The Children's Music Program provides the opportunity for children age 4 through grade 5 to sing in all worship services as well as in special seasonal programs.